Aspergers & Autism Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the dreaded 'D'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Una

Una

the dreaded 'D' Empty
PostSubject: the dreaded 'D'   the dreaded 'D' EmptySun 27 Sep 2009, 3:32 am

I guess this is something I always have to be aware of with Ashlee since she seems to be VERY prone to it.. Depression..

Its something shes always had on and off although the last couple of years we have not had any major downs *touch wood.. The years previous to that though were very sad and dark, the worst part was we really felt alone..
We live really remote, in a mining town.. 900ks away from the next town which is the city of Cairns.. Our only way out is by plane or to make a long 12 hour journey on a dirt track which is actually closed for half the year during the wet season as it not passable and just a mud pit with wild rivers running through it..

When Ashlee was in her last really dark period, it was that bad that we were not game to leave her alone for fear of her harming herself.. what made it so horrible was NOBODY around was willing to help no matter how much i asked for it..
The Health system brushed us aside, apparently they didnt have the services to deal with a child suffering depression [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] everyone we spoke to said the same story.. we were even more alone than ever..

Im not sure how me managed to get through, but we did.. lots of love and understanding goes a long way.. The thing that urks me most about it all is that now she has her 'official diagnosis of Aspergers, EYERONE is willing to jump out of the woodwork to help us.. dont get me wrong, its great! its just unfair that untill we had that, she was so alone even on matters where she shouldnt have been..

I have been told now by numerous people that depression is something that for some goes hand in hand with not just Aspergers but the whole Autistic spectrum.. I guess it stands to reason and hopefully it can be something thats changed as more awareness is spread and others have a better understanding of people on the spectrum.. Has anyone else delt with or is dealing with depression along the way?
Back to top Go down
ravengurlxx

ravengurlxx

the dreaded 'D' Empty
PostSubject: Re: the dreaded 'D'   the dreaded 'D' EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 8:19 pm

[color:d942=indigo]A friend of mine with ASpergers is on anti-depressants.. unfortunatly she is also a bad drama queen so she likes to play on it, and when people dont listen 2 her the depression sets in. I personally dont suffer with depression - more anxiety attacks and i can get very stressed out! [/color]
[color:d942=indigo]Hannah[/color] [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_cat.png[/img]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

the dreaded 'D' Empty
PostSubject: Re: the dreaded 'D'   the dreaded 'D' EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 12:54 am

Last edited by Loulou on Wed 14 Oct 2009, 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachel Pictor

the dreaded 'D' Empty
PostSubject: Re: the dreaded 'D'   the dreaded 'D' EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 1:50 pm

Hi,

I've also suffered a lot from depression over a period of many years that started when I was very young. I went to a few different types of therapy/counselling services with limited success.

Over the last five years however my life has much improved and although I get the occasional bad day they are becoming less frequent and I'm increasingly aware of how much I've achieved.

The support and love of your family is invaluable in becoming a well adjusted human being. I owe a huge thanks to my own parents for encouraging me and doing everything they could to help me become the well rounded (I hope) person I am today.

If you feel like you're hitting your head against a brick wall - don't stop - chances are you're doing the right thing just by trying your best!

Good luck everybody!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpictor.co.uk
Sponsored content

the dreaded 'D' Empty
PostSubject: Re: the dreaded 'D'   the dreaded 'D' Empty

Back to top Go down

the dreaded 'D'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aspergers & Autism Forum :: Negative aspects-
Jump to: