Aspergers & Autism Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do I... [Instructions for using aspects of the forum]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

How do I...  [Instructions for using aspects of the forum] Empty
PostSubject: How do I... [Instructions for using aspects of the forum]   How do I...  [Instructions for using aspects of the forum] EmptySat 12 Sep 2009, 7:30 pm

[size=18][center][b][color:021d=red]...add an avatar (picture under your username) to my profile:[/color][/b]
[/center]
[/size]
[list]
[*]Click [b]Profile [/b](at the top of the forum)
[*]Select the [b]Avatar [/b]tab (just above the bar that states "Registration Information")
[/list]
[color:021d=blue][i]To upload a picture from your computer:[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Click the [b]Browse [/b]button and find the relevant file. (The pixure must be no bigger than 150 pixels wide, 200 pixels high, and the file size cannot be higher than 64 KB. (To find this out, open the picture in Windows Photo Gallery and select [b]File[/b], [b]Properties [/b]and look at the [b]Detail [/b]tab))
[/list]
[color:021d=blue][i]To copy a picture from the internet:[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Go to the website containing the picture.
[*]Right-click on the picture and select [b]Copy Image Location[/b]
[*]Click into the [b]Upload an Avatar from an URL[/b] field, right-click and select [b]Paste[/b]
[/list]
[color:021d=blue][i]To link to a picture on the internet:[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Go to the website containing the picture.
[*]Right-click on the picture and select [b]Copy Image Location[/b]
[*]Click into the [b]Upload an Avatar from an URL[/b] field, right-click and select [b]Paste [/b](be aware that if the picture is changed or removed from the website your avatar will disapear)
[/list]
[color:021d=blue][i]To use one of the pre-loaded avatars:[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Click the [b]Show Gallary[/b] button
[*]Select the section you wish to view from the drop-down
[*]Click into the radial underneath the picture you want to use
[*]Click the [b]Select Avatar[/b] button
[/list]
[center][b]Which ever method you choose, don't forget to click SAVE when you've finished![/b][/center]
Back to top Go down
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

PostSubject: Re: How do I... [Instructions for using aspects of the forum]   How do I...  [Instructions for using aspects of the forum] EmptySat 12 Sep 2009, 7:52 pm

[center][size=18][b][color:611d=red]...send someone a private message:[/color][/b][/size][/center]

[color:611d=blue][i]From a post they have made:[/i][/color][list=1]
[*]At the bottom of the post click the button with [b]PM[/b] written on it (if the person has allowed Private Messages in their profile)
[/list]
[color:611d=blue][i]From the Memberlist:[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Click [b]Memberlist [/b]at the top of the forum
[*]Click the [b]PM[/b] button next to the member you wish to send a message to
[/list]
[color:611d=blue][i]From your private messages[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Click [b]You have [no] new messages[/b] at the top of the forum
[*]Click [b]New Post[/b]
[*]Click [b]Find a Username[/b]
[*]Search for the relevant user
[/list]

[b]To send the message to more than one person[/b]

[list=1]
[*]Click the [b]+[/b] symbol next to the [b]Username [/b]field whilst writing the message.
[/list]
Back to top Go down
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

PostSubject: Re: How do I... [Instructions for using aspects of the forum]   How do I...  [Instructions for using aspects of the forum] EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 12:00 am

[center][b][color:cfab=red][size=18][color:cfab=red]...increase my reputation:[/color][/b][/size][/color][/center]

[color:cfab=blue][i]What is reputation?[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Under each person's name is a section called [b]Reputation[/b].
[*]This is increased when people click to indicate they like a post made by this person or give them thanks for a reply.
[*]This is decreased when people click to indication they didn't like a post made by this person.
[/list]

[i][color:cfab=#0000ff]How do I indicate I like someone's post?[/color][/i]

[list=1]
[*]When you are reading a post made by someone else, you will notice a small [color:cfab=blue][b][font:cfab=Arial][size=18][color:cfab=blue][font:cfab=Arial]+[/font][/b][/color][/size][/font] [/color]and [b][color:cfab=blue][size=18][color:cfab=blue]-[/color][/b][/size][/color] on the right of the post.
[*]To indication you like someone's post, click the [b][color:cfab=blue][size=18][color:cfab=blue]+[/color][/b][/size][/color]. A green bar will appear to show that you have clicked the [b][size=18][color:cfab=blue]+[/color][/b][/size].
[*]The person's reputation will increase.
[/list]

[i][color:cfab=#0000ff]How do I indicate I dislike someone's post?[/color][/i]

[list=1]
[*]When you are reading a post made by someone else, you will notice a small [color:cfab=blue][b][size=18][color:cfab=blue]+[/b][/color][/size] [/color]and [b][color:cfab=blue][size=18][color:cfab=blue]-[/color][/b][/size][/color] on the right of the post.
[*]To indication you like someone's post, click the [b][color:cfab=blue][size=18][color:cfab=blue]-[/color][/b][/size][/color]. A red bar will appear to show that you have clicked the [b][size=18][color:cfab=blue]-[/color][/b][/size].
[*]The person's reputation will decrease.
[/list]

[i][color:cfab=#0000ff]How do I give someone thanks for a post?[/color][/i]
[list=1]
[*][color:cfab=black]When you start a topic and someone replies, you can thank them for the reply.[/color]
[*]To thank them, click the [b]Thanks[/b] or [b]Merci[/b] button on their reply.
[*]The button will become grey.
[*]Their reputation will increase.
[/list]

[i][color:cfab=#0000ff]How do I see my statistics (how many people have clicked to indicate they like one of your posts, how many have given you thanks etc)[/color][/i][i][color:cfab=#0000ff]?[/color][/i]

[list=1]
[*][font:cfab=Arial][color:cfab=black]Click the [b]Profile[/b] button at the top of the forum[/color][/font]
[*]Click the [b]See My Profile[/b] link in the black bar along the top
[*]You are now seeing your profile as others see it
[*]Click the [b]Statistics[/b] link along the top
[*]Now you can see all the statistics relating to yourself.
[/list]
Back to top Go down
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

PostSubject: Re: How do I... [Instructions for using aspects of the forum]   How do I...  [Instructions for using aspects of the forum] EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 9:59 am

[center][b][color:4871=red][color:4871=red][size=18][color:4871=red][color:4871=red]...increase my points:[/color][/color][/b][/size][/color][/color][/center]

[color:4871=blue][i]What are points?[/i][/color]
[list=1]
[*]Under each person's name is a section called Points
[*]Points are increased each time you start a topic or post a reply indicating how active you are on the forum
[/list]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I... [Instructions for using aspects of the forum]   How do I...  [Instructions for using aspects of the forum] Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I... [Instructions for using aspects of the forum]
Page 1 of 1