Aspergers & Autism Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Employment and support allowance medical

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

Employment and support allowance medical Empty
PostSubject: Employment and support allowance medical   Employment and support allowance medical EmptyMon 05 Oct 2009, 7:11 pm

I took Sophie for her medical for her Employment and Support allowance (used to be called incapacity benenfit). From this they will decide if she is fit to work or not.

It was a bit odd and I'm not sure they gathered all the relevant information but we just answered the questions and it took about 1/2 hour. So now we wait and see what they say! From what we understand if/when they do decide you are ready to find work you do get lots of help and support.

I'll let you know what happens next!
Back to top Go down
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

PostSubject: Re: Employment and support allowance medical   Employment and support allowance medical EmptyMon 05 Oct 2009, 8:18 pm

Hi LouLou

Thanks for that, she doesn't recieve DLA, I wasn't sure weither to wait for official diagnosis first, and anyway thought I'd see what happened with the ESA.

The questions today were rubbish and don't really fit, although the woman we saw did ask some questions that relate to Aspergers and I had to laugh as Sophie demonstrated herself perfectly by answering the question as it was put which wasn't what the woman meant at all!

Anyhow we'll wait and see. And tomorrow we have to go to a pathway to work interview and go through it all again - sigh!
Back to top Go down
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

PostSubject: Re: Employment and support allowance medical   Employment and support allowance medical EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 7:01 pm

Yes thanks, they seemed really nice and said although there are 5 compulsory appointments they can be spaced out to fit around any treatments etc and no problems if a bad day and sophie can't go. They seem to just help you with finding out what you want to do and how to go about it even if you decide on education rather than work.

So all in all it seemed quite good. We'll see what the medical assessment comes up with though lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Employment and support allowance medical   Employment and support allowance medical Empty

Back to top Go down

Employment and support allowance medical
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aspergers & Autism Forum :: Employment-
Jump to: