Aspergers & Autism Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parenting a child with Asperger syndrome - Book

Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin
Admin
admin

Parenting a child with Asperger syndrome - Book Empty
PostSubject: Parenting a child with Asperger syndrome - Book   Parenting a child with Asperger syndrome - Book EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 10:55 pm

I was reading some reviews on Amazon and this book, [b][i]Parenting a child with Asperger syndrome[/i][/b] by Brenda Boyd, caught my eye.
Here is a brief synopsis:

[size=18][b]"[/b][/size][i]For parents of children with Asperger Syndrome ordinary parenting just doesn't always do it - AS kids need a different approach. Brenda is mother to thirteen-year-old Kenneth, author of Asperger Syndrome, the Universe and Everything, and since his diagnosis at the age of eight she has gathered together the parenting ideas and tips that have had a positive effect on Kenneth's life. Brenda discusses parents' reaction to their child's AS and gives advice on how better to understand 'Planet Asperger'. This book helps parents to respond positively to the challenge of AS and find the 'treasure' in their child's way of being.[/i][size=18][b]"[/b][/size]

If you buy it from Amazon make sure you get a second-hand copy as you'll save almost 50% of the new book price.

Here is the link [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parenting-Child-Asperger-Syndrome-Strategies/dp/1843101378/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252525551&sr=8-5]Amazon Books UK[/url]

I really like the book. The layout works for me as I'm not usually patient with reading books. It's a 'pick up, drop and pick up again' type book, with great strategies and tips.

Recommended!
[img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_flower.png[/img]
Back to top Go down

Parenting a child with Asperger syndrome - Book
Page 1 of 1