Aspergers & Autism Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things are looking up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

Things are looking up Empty
PostSubject: Things are looking up   Things are looking up EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 8:23 pm

We are finally getting some help now. Sophie has been put on some medication to help with her panic attacks and she had her first visit from the community mental health worker this week too. She is going to help Sophie and if Sophie needs to go anywhere she'll go with her which is brilliant as I need to take time of work at the moment if Sophie needs to attend Working Links or similar as Sophie can't use public transport or go somewhere new on her own. She has offered to take Sophie to look at Colleges too.
[img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_cheers.png[/img]

Also, Sophie has finally found the courage to take driving lessons which is fantastic as once she has passed her test she'll be able to get out of the house easier. Lots of confidence boosting is required but I'm hopeful we can get her confident enough to take the tests.

Just thought I'd share some positive news for a change!

[img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/herz.png[/img]
Back to top Go down
Rachel Pictor

PostSubject: Re: Things are looking up   Things are looking up EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 8:11 pm

Hi Sarah - glad things are improving for you both!

I learnt to drive before I even realised I had Asperger's and I was really embarrassed about how long it took, simply because my spatial awareness was awful.

It took me a few years but I passed on my second test and it's been great for my confidence and much less stressful than using crowded buses or trains to get around.

My advice is to make sure you have a calm and patient instructor - which unbelievably isn't always the case!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachelpictor.co.uk
SarahHolmes
SarahHolmes

PostSubject: Re: Things are looking up   Things are looking up EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 8:18 pm

I know, I started to learn with an awful driving instructor!! It took me ages to learn and 4 times to pass my test and I don't have Aspergers!!

Sophie seems to be getting on well with the lady that is teaching her so fingers crossed.

Thanks for replying

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things are looking up   Things are looking up Empty

Back to top Go down

Things are looking up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aspergers & Autism Forum :: General :: General discussion-
Jump to: